Vila Mulher

Blog VilaMulher
O Portal da Mulher

quinta-feira, 10 de maio de 2012

O Presidente dos Estados Unidos manifestou a sua adesão ao movimento LGBT e apóia o casamento entre homossexuais


Essa adesão foi comunicada aos simpatizantes do Democraty Part,via e-mail.





Patricia --

Today, I was asked a direct question and gave a direct answer:

I believe that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry.

I hope you'll take a moment to watch the conversation, consider it, and weigh in yourself on behalf of marriage equality:

http://my.barackobama.com/Marriage

I've always believed that gay and lesbian Americans should be treated fairly and equally. I was reluctant to use the term marriage because of the very powerful traditions it evokes. And I thought civil union laws that conferred legal rights upon gay and lesbian couples were a solution.

But over the course of several years I've talked to friends and family about this. I've thought about members of my staff in long-term, committed, same-sex relationships who are raising kids together. Through our efforts to end the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, I've gotten to know some of the gay and lesbian troops who are serving our country with honor and distinction.

What I've come to realize is that for loving, same-sex couples, the denial of marriage equality means that, in their eyes and the eyes of their children, they are still considered less than full citizens.

Even at my own dinner table, when I look at Sasha and Malia, who have friends whose parents are same-sex couples, I know it wouldn't dawn on them that their friends' parents should be treated differently.

So I decided it was time to affirm my personal belief that same-sex couples should be allowed to marry.

I respect the beliefs of others, and the right of religious institutions to act in accordance with their own doctrines. But I believe that in the eyes of the law, all Americans should be treated equally. And where states enact same-sex marriage, no federal act should invalidate them.

If you agree, you can stand up with me here.

Thank you,

Barack
Apesar de saber que é um e-mail endereçado aos cadastrados no Democratic Party, fiz questão de responder.
President:
I know that nothing can stop love or affinity between two people, President, and even if it seems strange to see two women two men living ours relations of affection and sexuality, we should respect that.
As Brazil is a country that considers religious ties, analyzing the situation at the spiritual side, spiritualists believe that we have several lives and one of them, the predominance of sexuality are not unglued before one's soul, then this life, will repeat the samestandards and codes of past life.
Studies of gender and sexuality says that the biological part is determined, the construction of sexual identity is made
​​according toothed orientation or personal desire. I believe that we have no right to judge.
As the leader of a powerful nation, this position is commendable and important, since there is, among the crowd a pathological or obligations to be homosexual, because the collective unconsciousadheres to certain fads or trends.
Personally, I do not approve of homosexual relationships, according to my code of conduct and my sexual orientation.
But I believe in "Carpe diem," or live and let live.
I have gay friends and are good people.
Their decision is ethical and democratic.

Thank you and sucess in your life politic.

Na verdade, eu tenho medo do mundo para os filhos e alunos, ou as filhas e as alunas.
Como condicionamento, só acredito numa relação heterossexual, porque condicionamentos nos levam a aceitar somente aquilo que nos é tolerável.Como um ateu, que abomina a ideia de fé.
Penso que os homossexuais devem ter direito a liberdade de amar a quem quiser, mas não se deve transformar isso numa tendência, movimentos, militâncias.
A orientação sexual dos indivíduos continua sendo uma situação particular, de foro íntimo e ninguém parou para pensar o que esse modismo pode interferir na construção identitária dos meninos e das meninas.
Admiro o Obama não porque ele apóia o casamento de homossexuais, mas porque ele é um estrategista.
Se ele apoiar o LGBT ele conquista uma grande fatia do eleitorado.
Na minha franqueza e simplicidade, vou continuar trocando idéias com o Partido dos Democratas, e vendo em cada homem e em cada mulher, o traço comum que nos une:
Sermos Humanos, demasiadamente humanos.
Posteriormente, fui convidada a apoiar o casamento entre pessoas do mesmo sexo.
Estou pensando no que  farei.
Patr?Cia --

"I think same-sex couples should be able to get married."

That's what our President said yesterday afternoon, and with it, made history.

Let's show that we're right there with him:

Add your name alongside other Democrats in support of marriage equality today.

The President made clear that he's always stood up for LGBT rights -- whether in fighting to get hospital visitation rights for LGBT patients and their loved ones, or ending "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

But he said what brought him to support same-sex marriage, more than anything, is his strong belief in equal rights for everyone.

In his own words, "When I meet gay and lesbian couples, when I meet same-sex couples and I see how caring they are, how much love they have in their hearts, how they're taking care of their kids, when I hear from them the pain they feel that somehow they are still considered less than full citizens when it comes to their legal rights, then for me I think it just has tipped the scales in that direction."

Folks, this is what Democrats are all about -- and I'm so proud we have a president who's willing to stand up and say it.

Let's join him. Show your support for marriage equality today:

http://my.democrats.org/Equality

Thanks,

Debbie

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Chair
Democratic National Committee




Nenhum comentário: